OmniPlan is a workflow solution which allows you to create logical, manageable project plans with Gantt charts, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical paths.
OmniPlan aims to make it easier to break down tasks, optimize resources, and streamline budgets. Among its most useful features are the ability to translate strategy into tactics everyone can understand, create summaries of work broken into lists of activities, distribute workloads fairly and efficiently and manage costs as you go.
One handy feature is that OmniPlan can export projects into file formats that MS Project can read and open. MS Project is considerably cheaper than OmniPlan however and those that are thinking of switching, may take some convincing that OmniPlan can offer them a great deal more. However, the interface is slicker and more suited to OS X than MS Project but it doesn't offer quite the same power and advanced features as the latter.
If you need a change from MS Project, or something slicker, OmniPlan is an interesting simplified option for OS X.
- Added support OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
- The export panel now defaults to the last selected file type.
- The "Clear Assignments" option is back in the Assign Resource toolbar button menu.
- Alternate Row colors work for the gantt chart again.
- Fixed some errors and crashes in MPP export.
- Fixed column layout of QuickLook previews.
- Updated localizations.
- Changed German abbreviation for "hour" back from "s" to "h".
- Fixed missing UI "Task : Schedule" in German localization.
- Fixed a few unusual hangs in leveling.
- Fixed errors in file export Pub/Sub actions related to sandboxing.
- Renaming custom styles works in the Project : Styles inspector again.
- The default encoding for CSV export actions is now what the UI suggests: UTF-8 rather than ASCII.
- Printing to HTML Report no longer results in a blank printout.
- Fixed sandboxing issue preventing Custom HTML templates from using their CSS stylesheet.
- Fixed sandboxing issue that caused spurious up to date check failures for templates.